- Consider backing up your DBA Dash repository database and ServiceConfig.json file from the installation folder.
.NET 8 Desktop Runtime. Version 8.0.0 or later
Note: Versions 2.x of DBA Dash used .NET 6. Version 3.0 and later use .NET 8
How to upgrade
- Open the DBA Dash service configuration tool
- Click check for updates
- If an upgrade is available click “Upgrade”
- A powershell script will run that will perform the upgrade.
Upgrading GUI clients
- The GUI will automatically prompt to upgrade on startup if the version is older than the repository database.
- Click Help, About to check the version of the client
- Click Upgrade to upgrade.
There might be situations where you need to perform an upgrade manually. e.g. The server doesn’t have any internet connectivity.
- Download the latest release
- Stop the DBA Dash service (using the service configuration tool, services.msc or
net stop DBADashService)
- Close all instances of the GUI or service configuration tool that are running.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded zip to replace the existing installation files.
Command line Upgrade
DBADashConfig -a Update
Or (Supported on old versions of DBA Dash):
[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://raw.githubusercontent.com/trimble-oss/dba-dash/main/Scripts/UpgradeDBADash.ps1 -OutFile UpgradeDBADash.ps1
For a specific version:
./UpgradeDBADash.ps1 -Tag 2.22.0